- €5000 / donated by ESA/Barbie
- Individuals (prize to be awarded to one person), conducting an outreach project, aimed to inspire younger generations of girls and women to enter a career in STEM or fostering a successful collaboration of all genders in this field.
- The project can be conducted individually or with the support of a group.
- Academic and non-academic projects are eligible for submission.
- There are no limitations regarding age or nationality of the award recipient, but the project should be Europe-based.
- Progress and outcome of the project will be publicized in the WIA-Europe channels
ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE BURSARY:
- Deadline to submit the proposal: 1 December 2021
- Announcement of the winner: mid-February 2022
- CV & Motivation letter
- Project description, including a provisional project budget. The application must cover the following points: Who? What (including content)? When? Where? For whom? (max 5 pages)
- Any necessary approval from the relevant agency/authority in order to carry out the academic or non-academic project
- Letters of support (max 3)
- There are no further limitations on how the prize money will be spent (project implementation, travel, subsistence…). However, a successful completion of the project needs to be shown in due time. A progress report and final project report are to be submitted together with a financial overview.
- Eligibility: project or diploma to be attained in Europe
- Motivation letter
- Relevance of the project to the objectives of WIA-Europe
- Project plan and originality
- Extent of outreach
- Quality of CV and support letters
- Possibility to complete the project within 12 months
SUBMISSIONS TO BE SENT VIA EMAIL TO: