MODULE – Neuro-Linguistic Programming for Beginners: what are the myths around NLP?
Date: 16th October 2013
Time: 18.30 (1h30 + feedback collection for the next WIA training modules)
Location: SWF Rue de la Science, 14
Host: Secure World Foundation
Speaker: Alessandra Zocca
People say Neuro-Linguistic Programming is something you love or you hate: why? What are the myths around NLP? What is NLP? Is it still valuable nowadays? How and in which context can we apply the NLP principles and techniques?
Alessandra Zocca will share her insights on how NLP can:
- Permit to know yourself better
- Improve communication with your customers and your team by: learning about how you communicate and how your counterpart communicate; paying attention in using language with greater precision in different situations including negotiation
- Improve people management by understanding what motivates your team members
- Gain a clear and honest picture of what NLP can bring when it comes to assess employees’ training needs and personal development
Alessandra will go through the basics and principles of NLP and give a flavour of the NLP approach and the key techniques. Additionally, you will have a chance to put in practice some NLP hints through exercises on site.
This module will provide you with the opportunity to evaluate whether to engage in your own NLP journey.
– NLP History
– What is NLP? What is NOT NLP?
– NLP Objectives
– NLP Myths
b) PERCEPTION OF REALITY
– Perceptions of Reality
– NLP Principle: “The Map is NOT the Territory”
– Conscious vs. Unconscious: Filters, the magical number Seven
c) COMMUNICATION & BEHAVIOUR
– NLP Communication & Behaviour Principles
– Communication Levels and the “3 Vs”
– Representational Systems + Accessing Cues
– Verbal Communication
c) NLP TECHNIQUES
– Verbal Communication – Meta Model
– Rapport, Calibration, Mirroring & Matching
Alessandra Zocca is a change management expert with an international career background. She has held different managerial positions – both as a director and a consultant – within leading global multinational companies, including DHL and Accenture, working in Belgium, Italy, Germany and Sweden. In May 2011 she was appointed as Secretary-General of Professional Women International (PWI) Brussels. Alessandra is is the founder and the director of the “PWI Magazine”, an online quarterly review about management & culture. She started her career as an organisation and manufacturing lecturer at the University of Verona, where she graduated in Economics in 1985 (her thesis was published).
In 2001 she earned her Master Degree in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP). She has actively contributed to associations like AIESEC, Amnesty International and Fondazione Marisa Bellisario. Alessandra has recently being appointed by her town municipality as President of the “Circle of the Veronese” in Brussels and by the Juliet Club of Verona as “Juliet’s Ambassador”. Born in Verona (Italy), Alessandra speaks five languages, is a passionate traveller and a psychology scholar.
RSVP by October 13th to Simonetta di Pippo