Women in Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) is committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our members in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to our members.
Who are we?
WIA-E is a member organisation registered in the Netherlands.
The Women in Aerospace (WIA) is a network devoted to expanding women’s opportunities for leadership and increasing their visibility in the aerospace community. Our membership, women and
men, shares an interest in a broad spectrum of aerospace issues, including human space flight, aviation, remote sensing, satellite communications, robotic space exploration, and the policy issues
surrounding these fields.
WIA-E is the data controller and our Data Protection Officer can be contacted by email:
What data do we collect?
We collect name, title, email address, company name, job title, gender, member joining date, membership fee amount, date of membership fee paid, local group.
How do we collect personal data?
Members directly provide WIA-E with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data
when a person:
- Joins WIA-E as a member
- Voluntarily completes a member survey or provides feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
Our Organisation may also receive data indirectly from the following sources:
- If a person is nominated as a free corporate member by their company/organisation
If a person is introduced by a Local Group
How will we use personal data?
Our Organisation collects personal data so that we can:
- Process orders and manage member accounts
- Email members with events and services we are offering
- Email members with Organisation newsletters and Local Group activities
How do we store personal data?
Our Organisation securely stores member data using the ClubCollect system.
Our Organisation will keep membership data active for two years after a member’s last payment. Once this time period has expired, we archive member’s data in our database so that we can track
our member alumni. If members wish to be deleted from the database, please contact our data protection officer. Do we share personal data with anyone? We do not share, sell, rent, or trade personal information with any third parties without member consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf: The WIA-E office administrator has access to our membership database, via a data processing agreement. Local Group Leaders: member names, company and email addresses are shared with local group leaders, who are required to be members of WIA-E, in order to share local event & organisation news with members. The software used by each group is recorded in our Register of Systems. If required by law: We will disclose personal information if required by law or if we, as an Organisation, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our Organisation’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that privacy rights continue to be protected. Use of sub-contractors (processors and sub-processors) We may use sub-contractors to process personal data on our behalf, we are responsible for making
If the sub-contractor processes Personal Data outside the EU/EEA area, such processing must be in accordance with the EU Privacy Shield Framework, EU Standard Contractual Clauses for transfer to third countries, or another specifically stated lawful basis for the transfer of personal data to a third country.
If a new sub-contractor is signed or a change of sub-contractor is performed related to our CRM Online service, the customers will be notified in line with our Terms of Service. A directory of
approved sub-processors is part of our Data Processing Agreement available in the Trust Center. What data protection rights are applicable for members? Our Organisation would like to make sure members are fully aware of all of their data protection rights. Every member is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – Members have the right to request our Organisation for copies of their personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – Members have the right to request that our Organisation correct any information they believe is inaccurate. Members also have the right to request our Organisation to complete the information they believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – Members have the right to request that our Organisation erase their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – Members have the right to request that our Organisation restrict the processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – Members have the right to object to our Organisation’s processing of their personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – Members have the right to request that our Organisation transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to themselves, under certain conditions.
If a request is made, we have one month to respond. If any member would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed onto a computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When anyone visits our websites, we may collect information automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping visitors signed in
- Understanding how visitors use our website
How to manage cookies
Visitors can set their browser not to accept cookies, and the above website explains how to remove cookies from a browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Changes to this Privacy Statement
WIA-E reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage members to check this Privacy Statement
occasionally to ensure that they are happy with any changes.