Join the team
WIA-Europe is a non-for-profit association dedicated to increasing the leadership capabilities and visibility of women in the aerospace community, giving them the opportunity to gain insight, build their industry contacts, develop clear career plans and network. With the support of Local Groups and the dedication of many volunteers, WIA-Europe offers a variety of networking and professional development events. Will you join our backoffice team as a digital volunteer?
Social Media Manager (digital volunteer)
WIA-E Social Media Volunteer
Social media posts, emails, and our website are the main way we keep in touch with our individual and corporate members. We need someone who can keep WIA-E connected across Europe as we move out of the pandemic back to in-person events.
What will you be doing?
We need someone to join the WIA-E social media team. Your responsibilities might include:
- Writing Tweets, Facebook posts, and LinkedIn updates
- Retweeting and interacting with our corporate members and individual members
- Helping to put together our regular email newsletters and digests
- Revitalising the WIA-E Instagram
The social media team is small and friendly, and we meet once or twice a month over Zoom and keep each other updated over WhatsApp. Training will be provided, and we expect this role to take approximately 1-2 hours per week.
Why should you volunteer with WIA-E?
By volunteering with WIA-E, you’ll be actively helping to improve the world of work for women in aerospace across Europe and providing ways of connecting countries and people. You’ll gain skills and experience in social media marketing, and connect with other amazing women and organisations across the continent.
We’re looking for someone who is happy to work remotely, independently, and flexibly, across time zones. Ideally, we’d like someone who works in STEM and who cares about making the aerospace and space sector a better place for women to work in.
- Experience in scheduling social media posts and interacting with companies and individuals on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Good communicator (oral and written)
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Attention to detail
- Experience of volunteering in a professional society or student group
- Passionate about the space and aerospace sectors
- Passionate about diversity and making the sector a better place for women to work in
- Ability to work across time zones
Interested? Get in touch.