WIA-E launches new Geneva Local Group
On 12 November 2015, 18h30 the Geneva Group of the association of Women In Aerospace Europe (WIA-E) will be officially launched. For the inauguration event, the actors of the space sector and entrepreneurs will be brought together in a panel discussion with the theme “Space Entrepeneurship, How is space conquered today?”, in a partnership with a new association of the Alumni of the MBA of the University of Geneva.
Despite complexity of the extreme outer space conditions, the inaccessibility of satellites in operation, the long run to generate revenue, entrepreneurs continue to dream big and far ahead. Why space entrepreneurship is so present today after years of status quo? Do space entrepreneurs introduce innovative management prectices?
These questions and more will be discussed by prominent speakers who will share their experience, including:
- Volker Grass, Director, Swiss Space Center (EPFL)
- Daria Lopez-Alegria, Founder of SpaceBridges
- Julian Harris, Chief Technical Officer, ELSE SA
- Patricia Cooper, Vice President of Satellite Government Affairs, SpaceX
- Whitney Lohmeyer, Communications Systems / Regulatory Engineer, OneWeb
- Ntorina Antoni, Lawyer, Swiss Space Systems Holding SA
The event will offer the opportunity of questions & answers and there will also be a Networking Cocktail.
Bd du Pont-d’Arve 40,
The event is free, however, there are limited seats available. So, please register at https://goo.gl/Q2g2ow
Please find our invitation flyer here.