The Women In Aerospace Europe Awards & Grants Programme 2023 is now open!
WIA-Europe is devoted to providing support to its members through a variety of initiatives that strive to encourage upcoming talent and to support professionals dedicated to growing a gender-balanced aerospace community and who look to advance the aerospace industry as a whole.
The WIA-Europe Awards & Grants program is designed to support upcoming talent, both young professionals and students alike. In the award programme, a prize of €1000 is awarded to a WIA-E member. An awards committee of space professionals evaluates and decides on the winners based on the quality of the essay.
<<Apply for the Women In Aerospace Europe Awards & Grants Programme 2023 here>> and submit all application documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants must apply via the link above
- All winners are entitled to a free individual membership for the following year
- A small bio (½ page) and photo can be published on our website upon request
- Applicants must be WIA-E members
- Winners should write an acknowledgement of WIA-E support
- Winners should send a report by latest one month after prize is granted -one page max- with a short reflection on how the prize/experience has helped him/her to achieve its desired outcomes
- Awards & Grants open for submission (April 14, 2023)
- Deadline for submission (June 30, 2023)
- Evaluation by the Committee completed (July 1, 2023)
- Date: Announcement of the winners (July 30, 2023)
Awards & grants committee members
- Maria Antonietta Perino: Acting Chair of Awards and Grants Committee, Director Space Economy Exploration and International Network, Thales Alenia Space, WIA-E Director, International Relations
- Diana Pueyo: Head Of Procurement Spain, Thales Alenia Space
- Natacha Callens: Education Office, European Space Agency
- Marie-Claude Salome: Director of Communication, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (CNES)
- Vasilis Zervos: Associate Professor on Economics of Defense and Security, University of Thessaly, Department of Economics
This years categories:
|Young Professionals Conference Grant
|Students doing science or engineering studies
*Includes PhD students who did not yet complete their thesis.
*Two prizes; one for PhD students, and one for pre-PhD students (Bachelors, Masters and equivalent).
-Acceptance letter to the conference
-Supervisor letter of support on why this person deserve the prize(1)
-First time attendees only
-The attendance must be to an aerospace workshops or conference
-Must be presenting a paper in an international context
-Applicant can be first author second or other author
-Nature of conference
-Full paper must be presented
|WIA-Europe essay award
|European Space Sector: Skills Gap and Upcoming Opportunities
-Applicant must be based in Europe
-Applicant must either study or work in the aerospace industry
-Essay must be based on the chosen topic
-Essay presents a coherent argument in response to a the chosen topic and and convince the committee that applicants position is credible